Beware: if you have already updated the software of your device via the Luniistore, these actions will no longer be useful.
A device driver, often called driver, is a computer program that allows another program (here, the Luniistore) to interact with a peripheral device (in this case, My Fabulous Storyteller).
How to manually install the driver in Windows
- Step 1: Open the device manager of your computer and, when the device is plugged in and turned on, check the corresponding peripheral device.
There are two possible cases:
- The driver has not been installed on your computer. In this case, the device will appear under the USB Bus Controllers (as shown in the screenshot below).
If you are in this configuration, go directly to step 3.N.B. : To make sure you are carrying out the process on the right device, don't hesitate to switch the device off and on again (with the device manager open). This action will refresh the device manager, and the linked device will disappear and reappear as you switch it off/on.
- The device appears under the libusb-win32 devices under the name USB2.0 DSP (as shown in the screenshot below).
In this second case, the computer driver appears to be installed correctly. However, it is still possible that the installation was not entirely successful, but that the installer did not detect it. If you think that the problem encountered may be related, go to step 2 to uninstall and reinstall the computer driver.
- Step 2: Right-click on USB2.0 DSP, then click on "uninstall device" and make sure to check the box Delete the driver software for this device (as shown in the screenshot below).
Once the driver has been removed, turn the device off and on again: it should then appear under the "Devices and drives" of your computer (like a USB drive would) and be named LUNII.
- Step 3: Go to the Luniistore installation folder:
Then right-click on the "install-driver.bat" file to click on Run as administrator, as shown in the screenshot below:
The screen below will appear, and you will need to click Next to continue the installation.
Once the installation is complete, the window below will appear.
These actions will enable you to install the driver manually.
Does the problem persist even though the reinstallation of the computer driver has been carried out correctly?
Please contact us and let us know if the USB icon appears continuously or not on your Fabulous Storyteller when it is connected to your computer. Please remember to include in your message all the files contained in the "error reports" folder (click here for more information on the location of this folder).
If possible, please send us the file setupapi.
To access it, please enter the location C:\Windows\inf in the search bar of your file explorer (Windows). In this folder, you will be able to search for the file named setupapi.dev.log and attach it to your message.
These files will hopefully enable us to rapidly identify the origin of the problem you are encountering, and provide you with the right solutions as quickly as possible.
How to manually install the computer driver on macOS
First, start by reinstalling the Luniistore™.
If the concern persists, please follow the steps below:
- Hold down the Command key (⌘) then press the space bar to open Spotlight.
- Type Terminal and press enter.
- Paste the following command on the terminal and press enter.
sudo kextstat -b fr.lunii.kext.LuniiDriver ; sudo kextload -v /Library/Extensions/LuniiDriver.kext ; echo $?
You will then need to type your password and to validate it by pressing the Enter key on the keyboard.
(For security reasons, the admin password is typed blindly, no characters will appear when typing (which does not mean that the characters are not typed)).
If the device is still not detected after this handling, please contact us. and send us the results of the command you have run (attach a screenshot of the Terminal window or copy-paste the result in your message).